Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Being Healthy update

Well it has been a long time since I have said how I have been doing with trying to change my eating habits and getting healthier. I do not juice much anymore do to struggling with the money to buy the good fruits, however once financial stuff starts stabilizing some I will start doing morning juices again. Right now I am in the middle of a 30 day challenge of eating vegan foods only that I get from a local vegan restaurant. It has been great for many reasons, one it helps me get a better idea of portion size, to gives me good ideas for types of vegan foods I can make for quick meals and snacks and 3 it gives me healthy food to eat without any of the prep work :). I have found on my 30 day challenge I have started eating less during each meal and realizing that I don't need a large of portions as I thought to get full. I have had good energy with sold meal schedule and not eating so late at night and even lost a few more pounds during the challenge so far. One thing I have not been staying on top of as much is my exercising and running, I tend to get consistent with one or the other. Eating right or exercising regularly, and I am working on combining the 2 together even if it is just small workouts. As far as my update goes just saying that even though it has been quiet awhile since my cleanses I am still trying to eat healthy and have been staying clear of most sodas and sweet items. The cleanse was just a good start to help me get on the right track and hopefully, even if there are a few slips here and there ;) this experience can help me make a good healthy lifestyle change.

No comments:

Post a Comment